This is quite a large card because, really, I was experimenting to see if this technique would work.
Firstly I altered my image in “paint” on the computer using the eraser tool and deleted all of the background so that I was only left with the little girl. I had never done this before but it was easy to do.
I *printed my image onto the book page and coloured it in using some basic water colour pencils and then just softened the colour with a very lightly damp paint brush. The brush only has to be slightly damp otherwise it will break up the fibres of the paper.
As this was quite a large image that I was using, and glues and double sided tape show though the pages, when attaching them to the base card, I stiched around the image to attach it to card.
And here the complete sheet
Meet Palmer Cox and His Brownies
Read all information HERE
I wanted to make an embellishment for this in the form of a medal although looking at it on here it is a little bit big but hey ho….not going to loose any sleep over that.
The Brownies…. these are such good fun to use. They probably would not have been my first choice but again, after working with them I love them.
By the other hand you can`t miss the gorgeus work by Danielle working with my "New & True DSL" to create this exquisite Mother Card....love the color combo and how creative is Danielle-
Hope you will decide to join us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More! for our Color Challenge #58 With a Twist. There is a link to Nicecrane Designs blog and store on the challenge site. The other lovely ladies on the ATS&M DT have also made some gorgeous creations for your inspiration - click here to visit them and enter our challenge.
The front swan was fussy cut and adhered with double sided foam tape for extra dimension. Gold was added to the beaks of the swans as I could not colour over the black with the Canary Promarker with any success. I created the background paper to co-ordinate colour wise as I did not seem to have anything that matched. The card was matted with a layer of black, a layer of grey, pattern yellow layer. The digi was matted onto black as were the two sentiments. I added three black vinyl cut strips and white lace to the backgound then assembled the card. To finish the sentiments off I added a used the gold pen around the edge of the black layer, added black ribbon, metal charm and yellow button and mounted with foam tape. The birthday sentiment was also matted in black, 2 metallic yellow brads were added and again this was mounted with foam tape.