For those who visited earlier this week I promised another Nicecrane Designs image from the beautiful Jessie Wilcox set, and here it is. It felt appropriate to use lots of 'bubble' shapes, including cutting up the background into several layers. Glossy Accents were used to highlight the little girl.
The background needed a softness about it so I used water over Distress Inks on watercolour paper, adding a touch of DP Picket Fence to the edges to emulate seafoam. Then to add some much needed horizontal lines I stencilled the same DP Picket Fence through a striped stencil and stamped more with DP Rusty Hinge using some twine wrapped around a block of MDF.
As well as adding strips of cs (a great way of using up scraps which coordinate) I was able to make use of my own background creations. The larger 'bubbles' came from a piece of cs dry embossed, brayered with DP Picket Fence, and then misted with diluted inks. The corrugated bubble had Distress Stain, Paint and Crackle Paint added to it for a weathered look.
Finally texture was added by using burlap, kraft glassine paper and seam binding as well as glass beads and, of course, the shell (courtesy of my good friend Annie).
Hi everyone and happy Friday! Well I need a long lie down. Having been called into work this week (not originally planned but definitely important) had headaches and a full blown migraine over a number of days during the last few weeks, the normal family life commitments to attend to, and various important DT commitments, commenting took something of a back seat. Consequently I had 155 comments to respond to!!! And they're done - phew! Staying on top of everything really is a challenge in itself and I can so understand why people have to opt out at times; when would any crafting get done otherwise?! Still I can sleep at some point tonight with a clear conscience (in part - there are gifts to finish off).
For now I thought it would be good to show you more detail of the card made for my wonderful friend Anne. My 'birthday twin' really deserved something special so it took ages to perfect.
This started with the glass beaded panel which had been given some random swipes of texture paste and was then misted with various inks.
The next element was the dripped UTEE, created as I experimented with dribbling the molten mixture over my craft mat, all 'Hels Sheridan like' (in my dreams! she is the undisputed queen of the melt pot).
Then there's some embossed card that had been covered in Picket Fence Stain before having a mix of Distress Paints and Inks added to it 'wrinkle free' fashion.
But what to put with these items? Nicecrane Designs came to the rescue yet again (Ignacio is a knight in shining armour you know:) with this beautiful image from the 'Ladies on Old Postcards' set. Do check it out as these images are in superb colours and are great for resizing too. And none of the quality is lost if you clear emboss them as I have done here.
She needed framing properly so this is one of my texture paste frames that has had a coat of Picket Fence Crackle Paint on it before gilding wax is rubbed in. Love those lace flowers and the inked lace trim which added horizontal balancing lines.
So there you have it. Anne was pleased so that made me happy, and I hope Ignacio likes how this one turned out. Do check out Anne's blog if you haven't before (has anyone else won the Tim Holtz tag challenge a staggering 3 times?!) and take a look at the huge range of digital images over at Nicecrane Designs. I've got a couple of new sets to play with so that is another priority over the coming days once some special items have been completed.For now take care of yourselves and enjoy your weekend, hugs Jenny xxx
Astrid Maclean was working with my "The Talking Clock Pack" and she did this amazing ICAD.Today I am sharing a few more ICADs and a different kind of holder to store them in. If you don't know what ICADs are, check out this post
f you are a regular here, you will have seen this design before. This time I used the wonderful images of Nicecranesdesigns Talking Clock pack, love these sweet nostalgic images.
You can make the pocket in anyway you like, I edged mine with a Spellbinder die and made it quite deep by scoring 1/4" around the two sides, and two times 1/4 inch around the bottom, to allow for a strong base. It was a bit of a fiddle to be honest and giving a clear description would take ages, one day I will learn to do videos, so I can show you more clearly....
Anyway, onto the little cards to fit inside. This time I made 4 of them again, two to fit in the folder and two that won't because I put too many embellishments on lol.
Here they are: First the two that were too fat to fit inside the pockets, so I made them into little tags. Because I don't want this post to be too long, I'll let the pictures tell the story: