Christmas Crackers, Xmas Balls & Kittens Images


So stunning Custom Christmas Crackers

What is a Christmas Cracker

A Christmas Cracker is a brightly coloured paper tube, twisted at both ends. A person pulls on each end of the cracker and when the cracker breaks, a small chemical strip goes “Pop” and the contents fall out.


A Christmas cracker traditionally contains a paper crown, a small gift and a joke written on a slip of paper. The gift in a cracker depends on how much you have paid for the cracker.The more you  pay the better the quality of the gift. A box of 12 crackers costing £10 could come with gifts such as a shoe horn, compact mirror, playing cards, screwdrivers, address book, tape measure, pad lock, bottle opener, tweezers, travel chess, photo frame and pen.

Directly from Jane`s Blog , you can learn to do your own Crackers: I have finally got my Christmas crackers made, with just one week to go before the Big Day. As my oldest blogging friends know I make my own crackers every year from scratch. A few years ago I wrote a tutorial, which if you would like to have a go, is here. Crackers are such a British tradition and I am surprised that lots of my blogging friends abroad have never seen them. They were invented by Tom Smith in England in 1847 and the firm still exists today and still makes the majority of Christmas Crackers sold every year.
.
I knew that I wanted to use my wonderful Vintage Santa images from Nicecrane Designs for this year's set. I also wanted to make this a GD post for Ignacio. They are just the perfect images to use...they are ready coloured sheets ACEO size but I reduced them on my computer. I used the Mega Vintage Santa set available here. They are available in single sheets but the set is a real bargain. I also wanted to use red and green crepe paper and found some tree design wrapping paper for the centre of the crackers.


People often ask me what I put inside; I can't give away any secrets from this year but in the past I have put in hand creams, lip balms, small handmade jewellery items, Lotto tickets, sweets etc. I also use a kitchen roll for the inside tubing as this is slightly fatter in diameter than toilet rolls and gives you more choice of the gifts which fit inside. The jokes always make me smile as I slip them inside with a paper hat and the banger.


So without further delay here are a selection of them;


Absolutely unique Crackers by Jane

as well as a few close up showing the wonderful Vintage Nicecrane images...


I stamped some LOTV Christmas tags onto red, green and Kraft card, which I added to each cracker



Horayyyyy for these amazing Crackers....

Here is my Vintage Santa Pack

Vintage Santa Save Pack - Click Image to Close


_____________________________

Xmas Ornaments, Cards, Tags (orking with my Pyramid Sheets)

Kelly,,,,,,did these abslutely adorable Christmas Ornaments working eith my "Christmas Ball Pyramid Style" and she also used my lates "Rounded Christmas Balls" .So directly frm her blog: Christmas is so very close and I have just begun to decorate a bit. I was so happy to find these easy handmade ornaments on Nicecrane designs. They are pyramid style and just cut and stack. The vintage style photo are perfect with my theme on this tiny tree this year.


See how cool they look and it was easy! After I made this one I cut out a frame from Spellbinders and attached some twine and hung it up, maybe 20 minutes of time.


I love the way it turns.


The next two are round. This one I attached a Frantaged poinsettia onto the twine for more festive appearance.


I see in this photo where my cutting skills are not perfect but see it still looks fabulous!


I was making my Nicecrane Designs ornaments while I was also making Poppyseed coffee cake. This is a old family recipe and my first try at it, not bad but the dough needs improvement.

Here is my small tree from my bedroom that I decorated with Mays gifts and the Nicecrane Designs ornaments I made.


Here is my burlap ribbon with sparkly sticks behind it. May wrapped my package with the heart and bell so I used it here.


And here are the sheets used,,,,,,enjoy them

Aren`t They so unique,,,,so adorable ones?
A Christmas Carol Vol 4 (Twisted Pyramid) - Click Image to Close


And don´t forget to play wiht my Xmas Balls:



_______________________

New Christmas Kitten Sheet

Finally I am showing you ma lates Christmas Releases as tribute to these all kittens,,,,,Now you can enjoy my new sheet "Vintage Funny Cats" I hope you enjoy playing with this cute one.


Enjoy this really so sweet video to inspire you.



Special Thanks to Jane & Kelly and Greeting Seasons,,,,,to you all.


4 comments:

Jane December 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM  

I'm glad you enjoyed my crackers Ignacio. One of the best things about making them by hand is that the gifts they contain are perfect for each person and we always laugh at the silly jokes around the table on Christmas day..such a fun English tradition. Lovely work from the other DT ladies too. Enjoy the run up to the big day, just one week to go now ;0) Jane x

brenda December 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM  

Super cracker ideas from Jane and that pyramage is great.

B x

KarinsArtScrap December 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM  

such beautiful cards and creations.

gr karin

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles December 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM  

Jane created her own crackers? Talk about ambition! They turned out beautiful and are the perfect project to showcase your stunning images. The ornaments are so pretty too. I also enjoyed seeing the new collection of kitty cat images. Those guys are too cute for their own good!!!

Lisa D.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

My CT Gallery

About Me

Photoshop Instructor, Graphic Designer, Origamist, Crazy Perfectionist

MY STORES

My Creative Team


My Flickr Works

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Digital ATC. Make your own badge here.

My Blinkie

My Blinkie

My Freebies

Followers

Follow Me

My Galleries

Last Collage sheets

Blog Archive