St Valentine ' s Day New Releases & Vintage London Underground Adv

St Valentine' s Day is coming soon,,,,so I asked to Lori Hairston to work with my new "Be My Valentine Cs" and she did this absolutely stunning Heart Tin,, so cute, so different,,,,,,so colorful , horayyy for Lori, I really love her creativity, I am sure you `ll get inspiration here to use my new sheets.

I've discovered something pretty cool - I may be the last person on earth to have discovered it, but I'll tell you about it anyway...  It's a product called Pearl Pen.  I don't remember what I was really looking for, but this caught my attention.  I have to say, I am really impressed with how it works!  No air bubbles (so far) and it really stays in pearl form - no flattening at all!  I got mine from Stuff4Painting.  I only got cream and black.  Now I'm going back for more!


This darling vintage image is from Nicecrane Designs.  You can also see the pearls made with the pearl pen.  I bought a bunch of these red heart tins years ago.  I've used them several times, but felt like they needed to be covered.  But, this time I felt like this little cutie matched the red perfectly.  Also, instead of placing it bottom down, I decided to design it tilted on its side.  


I wrapped the bottom with a couple rows of a punched border die.  Ignacio has quite a few wonderful Valentine images to choose from. Now enjoy my new sheet:



____________________________

Don`t miss This Karen Conner' s St  Valentine Creations
Karen Conner was working with my Romantic Valentine Collections, and OMG she did these incredible and so adorable vintage works for you,,,,I love every detail on these cards,,,,,,,,you may note passion working on them......Karen has a very personal style,,,,,,,,,Thanks a million my friend.
Look at this beautiful Valentine's Pouch. There's card with candy stuck in there!! Sweets for my sweet!

 I was inspired by Ravens and Writing Desks. She even has a tutorial video. I thought it was such a cute idea. I made 2 at a time. You start with a paper bag. Then you have pockets to put your valentine's in. Below is a valentine with twine around it and a bag of M and M's.



Here's a handmade pockets with 2 tags inside.



 A card with holes to insert a lolly pop.  All images are Nice Crane Designs.




 
As you can see his images can be sized to any size you need. Can be used on cards, tags, altered items. Be sure and check him out!
And here My Romantic Collections used to create  them all....:



_____________________________

CELEBRATING LONDON UNDERGROUND' S 150 ANNNIVERSARY
I must tell you On 9 January 2013, London Underground celebrated 150 years , since the first underground journey took place between Paddington and Farringdon on the Metropolitan Railway To commemorate the anniversary I have designed some new London Underground Vintage Advertising  Sheets

Here you can enhoy some of the famousVintage Adv  Pictures  in my collection:




Having difficulty with men?

I asked to Jenny to use this amazing vintage collection to create a men card,,,,,and take  a look to her fantastic work,,,,so unnusual, so different, so vintage...Thanks again Jenny.


Don't mean in general! but how many times have you heard someone say that cards/projects for men are difficult? Well Nicecrane Designs has something to help you - just released are three sets of digital images depicting early posters from London Underground. Some of you may have seen that London Underground is celebrating it's 150th anniversary this year (they recently had a steam locomotive travelling to Paddington Station to mark the opening of the very first line, the Metropolitan Line). From the 1920's they employed many well known artists to create advertising posters encouraging people to use the service so the designs are first class and very varied. I used one of these images to create the focal point on this card.


Enjoy the amazing work by Jenny
I love the fact that these images are not (now, how did Son No. 1 put it?) 'gender-specific'!

This image is clean when you print it but I aged it a little by blotting DS Brushed Cordrouy and DI Antique Linen on top. There are so many characters to look at and identify on this poster.


I know Alison, amongst others, was keen to see what I would do with the results of my Ferro embossing, so here's the Gold one which had DI Rusty Hinge applied to the raised areas. The 'pipework' is from Crafty-Emblies and has been inked up with DS Antiqued Bronze/Tarnished Brass.


I thought it would be fun to use a small portion of the same poster to add the sentiment to, and having embossed it in black I added a layer of clear embossing powder too. This makes the colours much deeper. the circles panel is some 'caught in crystal' embossed acrylic. Hope this gives you some ideas for your difficult men! Thanks for dropping by, hugs Jenny x



0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

My CT Gallery

About Me

Photoshop Instructor, Graphic Designer, Origamist, Crazy Perfectionist

MY STORES

My Creative Team


My Flickr Works

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Digital ATC. Make your own badge here.

My Blinkie

My Blinkie

My Freebies

Followers

Follow Me

My Galleries

Last Collage sheets

Blog Archive