About Bessie Gutmann & Jeesie Willcox


Bessie Gutmann Burlap Creations

Laura Bomber was working with my "Bessie Gutmann Pack" to create This unique Burlap Creation:
I was inspired by our Guest Designer last month. Trace from inkypinkycraft who had used some burlap panels. I was very keen to do something similar. I didn't have any of the actual panels so I made my own with mount board, painted with Frayed Burlap DP and covered with burlap sheets.

The picture of the little girl on the swing was painted with Picket Fence DP to act as a resist for the ink. The Distress paint isn't very opaque, so it is great to use for this...just a light brush of paint and you can still the detail underneath.


 I mixed up the words so none matched and used a different image and tissue tape on each. They all have roses dabbed with frayed Burlap DI, twine string tied into bows and some natural coloured buttons.


I loved making these panels - I do hope that you have enjoyed visiting our Sponsor Spotlights this month. It has been lots of fun showing you just a few of the many ways these gorgeous images from Nicecrane Designs can be used in your own creations!

Bessie Gutmann Save Pack - Click Image to Close

_____________________

Stunning Jeesie Willcox Cards

Ginny at my DT post these adorable J. Willcox Cards,, so directly from her blog: One of my favorite illustrators Is Jessie Wilcox. Not only do I love her art work but I have enjoyed reading about her as a person. She worked very hard through out her life and achieved what many people would have thought impossible in her day and age. Her life story and her art reflect something to me: Deep rooted joy in doing what she was gifted to do.

Here is a little bio about her.
Ignacio over at Nicecarane sent me this set of Wilcox illustrations to work up a sample: Only problem I couldn't do one. I had to do the whole set! I thought these would be awesome to make up into mothers day cards for my sisters and close friends!!!

This set is so beautiful!!and it only $2.44!! How can you go wrong with that?

  
I printed this out on 100# Avon Brilliant white, which is a nice warm white. I kept it to original size as the ATC size image is perfect for this project!

dry embossed the image background papers and tried ecru and black inks on the raised surfaces. I went with the black.


I cut my card bases out 80# Strathmore Wedding White (another light ecru color). To make this an A6 size card - 4.75x6, you'll need to cute your cardstock into 8.5 x 6.

 
Score on the 4.25 line and again on the 61/3 line.
I did two sheets at a time


Next I pulled designer paper and cut it to fit. I quartered 12x12 sheets and the for each image cut one 6x6 piece into 6x 5.75, the I cut that peice -5 7.75 x4 that left me with strip the perfect size to fit on the out side of the card (2 x 5.75)


A background layer for the focal image


While working on these I kept the designer paper with the focal image and worked one card at a time.


Here you can see the designer papers glued in place along with my sentiment. One thing you have to remember when putting these things together, only glue the back left side of the focal image!!!
!




Enjoy my Jessie Willcox Sheets:

Jessie Wilcox - Click Image to Close

_________________________

Finally get an adorable and cute FREEBIE,,,,,,from a vintage magazine,,,,
only for a very limited time:


To get Right Click 
and Save Files as,,,,,

Show me all you can do with my products.

4 comments:

misteejay April 10, 2014 at 9:08 AM  

Wow, I love the folded cards and the burlap panels are fabulous.

Toni xx

KarinsArtScrap April 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM  

this is very beautiful.

gr karin

Unknown April 10, 2014 at 6:05 PM  

Really really beautiful! Love these!! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Anonymous April 10, 2014 at 11:22 PM  

The burlap panel is such a sweet creation.
Always so many beautiful projects you share.
Wishes
Lynne
Thank You so much for leaving a message of congratulations on my Facebook page for me being the Guest Artist in The Stampers' Sampler and also a thank you for visiting my thistle wall hanging post at Adorn :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

My CT Gallery

About Me

Photoshop Instructor, Graphic Designer, Origamist, Crazy Perfectionist

MY STORES

My Creative Team


My Flickr Works

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Digital ATC. Make your own badge here.

My Blinkie

My Blinkie

My Freebies

Followers

Follow Me

My Galleries

Last Collage sheets

Blog Archive